Just starting out and want to build credit? Looking to improve your credit score after bankruptcy, divorce, or other factors?
The PFCU Credit Builder allows you to build or rebuild your credit rating to a favorable score. It's easy and flexible. Almost everyone qualifies!
- PFCU loans you the funds and uses those funds as the collateral for the loan while you repay it.
- Loan funds are deposited into a PFCU savings account where it will earn dividends at the current dividend rate for this account.
- Payment history is reported to the credit bureaus to help you rebuild a favorable credit score.
- Once the loan is successfully paid, the money becomes available in your account.
- No money or credit history required.
- Creates forced savings.
- Flexible payment amounts and terms.
For example: The member borrows $1,000 over 12 months. Provided they make on time payments of approximately $88 per month, the member will have established a new positive trade line in their credit bureau. Once the loan has been paid off, PFCU will release the hold on the $1,000 and those funds will become available for use. In other words, the member will have 'saved' $1,000 while they established or re-established good credit.
Choose the 'Share/Term Certificate Secured Loan' option.