Because your financial safety is important to us, our new fraud protection service will notify members with phone numbers on file immediately when suspicious activity is detected, either through text message or phone call. This service will begin on June 25, 2013.
Read below to learn exactly how we monitor and protect your accounts, the specifics of how we'll contact you, and what you can do to help maintain financial security. Remember: PFCU will never ask for sensitive information - such as your card number or SSN - over email, phone call, or text message. Never give your card numbers or other personal information to anyone claiming to be your financial institution!
Protecting your debit and credit cards
Protecting your Visa® debit/credit card from fraud requires 24/7/365 days a year monitoring. PFCU's fraud detection programs monitor your card transactions for any suspicious activity. If potentially fraudulent transactions are taking place, we’ll contact you immediately so that future fraudulent transactions can be avoided.
What we monitor
Your card transactions are monitored for purchases outside your normal purchasing patterns, unusual time frames and geographical locations, or purchase patterns that are consistent with previously identified fraud trends.
How we contact you
Getting in touch with you quickly is critical to stopping any potential card fraud. 86% of Americans have a mobile device and this offers a convenient and free* method to contact you fast. With our Card Alert Notification service, you will receive a text message asking you to confirm if a suspicious transaction was authorized by you.
Receiving a text message
- The text message will arrive with a 5 digit code (33748) and contain Pioneer Federal Credit Union's name, the dollar amount of the transaction, and the merchant name.
- You will be asked to reply with “Yes” if you authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message and can continue to use your card with confidence.
- A “No” reply means you have not authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message and you will be contacted immediately by a fraud specialist to protect your account. Please answer this important call.
- Do not reply to the text message with any personal or confidential card information
- If you would like to opt out of receiving these important messages by text, you may reply with STOP to indicate this preference
Help PFCU protect you
- Keep us up to date with your current mobile and home phone numbers and contact information.
- Traveling in the U.S. or to a foreign country for an extended period of time? Contact us prior to your departure and we’ll make our monitoring more flexible during your travel or vacation time.