Identity theft is a constant threat for everyone. Most people assume that it could never happen to them, until it does. Anybody could become a victim, and that's why Pioneer has put in place additional measures to safeguard your account and our financial institution. That means your accounts are safe from the effects of identity theft, including credit report fraud and other types of account fraud.
Fully-Managed Identity Recovery - How It Works
If you or a family member suspects identity theft of any kind, from a missing or stolen credit card to a dangerous data breach, Pioneer has you covered. Simply contact Pioneer, and a representative will verify your information and securely submit your case to a Personal Recovery Advocate.
Our trained and certified identity restoration professionals can take the following steps to help you and your loved ones, depending on your unique identity theft situation.
- Assist you with the placement of fraud alerts at the three major credit bureaus
- Provide access to credit reports from all three bureaus and review the reports with you to identify fraudulent activity
- Assist you in completing an Identity Theft Affidavit and Declaration of Fraud to establish your rights as a victim
- Activate credit monitoring during your recovery to help you watch for additional signs of abuse
- Contact the Social Security Administration, U.S. Postal Service, Department of Motor Vehicles, etc. as application, to address any misuse of official documentation of your identity
- Research and document all fraudulent transactions and false accounts or contracts signed with creditors, banks, utility companies, leasing agents, medical facilities, etc
- Follow up to make sure all wrongful activity is reversed and removed from your records
- Work with local and federal law enforcement to try to stop the criminal or criminals who are using your identity
- Activate other members of the recovery team to assist when necessary, including professional investigators and legal advisers. Click here for a general overview of this process
- Provide 12 months of follow-up after your recovery is complete - to be sure you stay recovered
To offset the cost of security measures, a service charge of $1.99 per month will be debited from your checking account to fight identity theft and fraud. It will appear on your statement as "ID Theft Protection."
If you have any questions about how this fee pertains to you or your account, please visit your local branch or call us at (208) 587-3304. To review our terms for identity recovery services, click here.