Pioneer members that use myPioneer Mobile Banking have access to Zelle®. Zelle® is a fast and easy way to send money to people you trust, like family and friends.
To safely use Zelle®, here are some best practices to follow when sending money:
- Only send money to people you know.
- Before sending money with Zelle®, confirm the recipient's identity through their U.S. phone number or email address.
- Double check everything, including the amount of money being sent and who you are sending to. You can't cancel a payment once it's been sent if the recipient is already enrolled with Zelle®, so it's important to get it right the first time.
- Don't use Zelle® to send money when purchasing something online with someone you don't know.
- Treat Zelle® like using cash. Move money fast with Zelle®, directly from your account to an enrolled user typically within minutes
- Beware of payment scams. If someone offers a steep discount on something, but only accepts payments with Zelle®, it may be a scam. Neither Pioneer Federal Credit Union or Zelle® offer a protection program on authorized payments.